Background

Friday, May 27, 2016

Baby Baseball

I had so much fun picking out the fabric for this quilt.  My cousin is having a baby boy in July and the daddy-to-be is a big baseball fan.  I used the Four Square Fun by Teri Staats for Sweet Treasures. 
It's funny, we hope our kids will have similar interests with us.  I remember when my son was born I had all kinds of baseball outfits and baseball toys.  I forced him to play baseball for 3 years and he hated it.  Now he has absolutely no common interests with me, he's a 15-year-old boy, fast cars, gaming, girls...the order of importance varies each hour.

Now let's hope this baby likes baseball...or it doesn't matter yet since mommy and daddy will decide for him for the first few years.
I quilted with a diagonal straight line stitch with red thread.  The backing is the navy baseball fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect quilt for a new baby boy! Diagonal quilting was a great idea to contrast with all the squares.

    ReplyDelete