Background

Monday, January 4, 2016

Parenting, Working and Muffins

My son is 14 and every summer he has a goal to become nocturnal.  He wants to stay up all night and sleep all day.  Well last night, or shall I say today, his last day of the break, he almost met his goal.  Just in time for the new year, right?  Today was back to work for me so begrudgingly, I had to call it a night a little earlier than I wanted to last night.  I told him good night and off to sleep I go, dreaming of wild children and lesson plans.  I wake at 4AM to him rummaging through the refrigerator, looking for a snack.  He had yet to go to bed!  I yell from my bed to go to bed but quickly fall back to sleep so I'm really not sure what time my teenager/bat went to bed.  He text me at 6PM this evening (I was still at school) and said he had just woken up from the night/day.  My "Parent of the Year" certificate should be arriving any day in the mail very soon!

Last night I was determined to finish a baby crib quilt that's part of a bedding set my mom and I made for a friend.  She called me to ask if we could make it gender neutral but not boring.  She wanted it colorful.  Sure! No problem!  I was thinking it would be easy to pick out fabric for it.  Not so much.  I was a little worried how it was going to turn out.  It's all done and ready to be packaged for delivery and I have to say, it's pretty dang cute!  I don't have photos of the whole set yet, but the crib quilt was on my design wall late one night.
Because I stayed up late...because I wasn't ready to go back to work...because it was cold this morning, getting out of bed was a struggle.  What was worse, sitting and being professional developed (it can be a verb) for several hours and knowing what needed to be done in my classroom. It all was accomplished, lesson plans complete, Christmas decorations taken down, winter decorations up and home by a not so early hour of 6ish.  Of course, since my son missed two meals during his hibernation, he's HUNGRY!  Quick meal of spaghetti so I can use up the overripe bananas to make these babies...banana nut muffins.  LOVE!



No comments:

Post a Comment